Is Your Practice a Winner?
Accepting entries through August 17, 2018
Register to Start Your Entry
The Dental Office Design Competition recognizes dental facilities that most effectively express the practice philosophy of its practitioner(s) and demonstrate a thoughtful assembly of design characteristics associated with an up-to-date dental facility.
Rules and eligibility requirements are below
Register for a Chance to Win
Competition Objective, Eligibility and Award Categories
Objective: The Dental Office Design Competition recognizes dental facilities that most effectively express the practice philosophy of its practitioner(s) and demonstrate a thoughtful assembly of design characteristics associated with an up-to-date dental facility. Consideration will be given to the following design characteristics:
- Efficiency demonstrated by a well-conceived floor plan, including cabinetry and dental equipment placement
- Effective application of dental technology well suited to the practice style and treatment objectives
- Innovative and inspirational design solutions
- Aesthetics that effectively relate the expressed practice philosophy
Eligibility: All newly built offices and offices with leasehold improvements or renovations completed between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2017 are eligible to enter the Dental Office Design Competition. All practice types are welcome. Only dentist owned practices are eligible to enter.
Evaluation and Judging: Within each category, practice philosophy and all other elements used to determine the best facility are weighed equally. A panel of judges, consisting of but not limited to dental practice specialists including, an architect, interior designer, ergonomic specialist, and equipment and technology specialist will judge each entrant by October 17, 2018.
Award Categories*: A Grand Prize “Dental Office Design of the Year” winner will be selected from both Small Practice and Large Practice categories. Outstanding Achievement awards will be given according to the business or design objectives below:
“Dental Office of the Year” is awarded to the best overall facility as evidenced by effective functional design, efficient interior space planning and appropriate integration of dental equipment and technology. (One award designated for both Small and Large Practices.
Up to three awards will be given to dental facilities (regardless of Small or Large Practice), in the following award categories:
- Outstanding Specialty Practice: Best new, remodeled, or expanded facility for a specialty practice.
- Outstanding New Dentist Practice: Best new, remodeled, or expanded facility for the first practice owned by a doctor or group of doctors who have graduated from dental school since 2008.
- Outstanding Design Innovation: Best application of original design or space planning concepts that make a measurable impact on patient experience, practice profitability and/or operational efficiency.
Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by phone call or email by October 31, 2018. Prizes to be awarded by December 31, 2018; editorial and website coverage varies per publication.
* Some awards may not be given if there are an insufficient number of qualified entries, or the judges determine that a strong enough entry is not presented in a particular category. Wells Fargo Practice Finance, and ADA as sponsors do not participate in the judging process. Public officials are also excluded from the judging process.